Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I was caught doing 83 in a 55. As well as being in the HOV

Customer Question

I was caught doing 83 in a 55. As well as being in the HOV without a passenger. I wasn't able to give the officer the reasoning behind why I was in the HOV lane illegally. I was going with the flow of traffic when the two vehicles ahead of me slammed on brakes when they seen the officer in the far right emergency lane. I had a vehicle behind me and to my right the only way I seen fit to avoid an accident was to merge into the far left lane (HOV)
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
What is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I try to talk to the DA or ADA to explain the situation. Or wait and talk to the prosecutor.
Thank you for the information. I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was offline when you replied. You should try to speak with DA/ADA's office before the case goes for a hearing to see if you can work out an agreement.