Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

I have a 2013 Yukon XL that I bought new May 2015 and now has 26,000 miles on it. It has

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Yukon XL that I bought new May 2015 and now has 26,000 miles on it.
It has been in the shop 8 times to fix a tire moniter sensor.
I had a similar problem with my 2004 which ended up having to have the entire gauge cluster replaced at my expense as it was out of warranty by the time it got bad enough it had to be fixed. This is my concern with the new vehicle, I am afraid this tire sensor problem is a small part of a much larger problem that will eventually cost me a great deal of money.
Can you please advise me what to do?
Thank you
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are still under warranty, they are first of all liable to replace this under the warranty pursuant to the Manguson Moss Warranty Act.
Under Arkansas's Lemon Law, the time period a new vehicle is covered under ends 24 months after the date of the original delivery of the motor vehicle, or the first 24,000 miles whichever is the latter. So, if it has not yet been 24 months and since that is the later of the two periods, you can file a lemon law claim since it has been to the shop more than 3 times.
According to the Arkansas Lemon law, the manufacturer must comply if after 3 attempts to repair a substantial defect that is likely to cause death or serious bodily injury and the consumer gives written notification by certified mail to the manufacturer of the need to repair the nonconformity providing the manufacturer an final attempt to correct the defect.
The manufacturer has 10 days to try to have the vehicle repaired for a final time at an reasonably accessible facility. The repair facility has 10 days to fix the problem.
If the manufacturer fails to provide notification within 10 days or does not repair it within 10 days from when the vehicle is delivered, this final attempt is voided.
Within 40 days of failing to correct the nonconformity after a reasonable number of attempts, the manufacturer is required to repurchase the vehicle or replace the vehicle.
This is the process you need to follow to avail yourself of your rights under the lemon law and warranty laws.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not likely to cause death or injury so I can do nothing is that correct other than continue let them try to repair it until the warranty runs out
Thank you for your reply. If it is an unsafe condition, because if the tires are not correct it can cause an accident, you can avail yourself of the lemon law. If it is not that unsafe of a condition, then you still have rights to insist it is repaired or the system replaced under the Manguson Moss warranty act.