Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own practice.
18572087

What can I do to get my truck repaired or replaced ?

Customer Question

Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.Could you kindly explain to me a bit more so that I can see what I can do to help? What happened?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already explained, paid twice my 2014 Chevrolet p/u truck sometimes won't start and sometimes will quit running while I'm driving it. I AM NOT GOING TO PAY ANY MORE MONEY!
Sir,I am sorry but I did not see your explanation, all I have on my screen is this:" What can I do to get my truck repaired or replaced ?" I am sorry if you are angry or frustrated but I cannot work if I do not see anything else. When did you purchase the vehicle, and in what state? How often has it gone to the dealer at this point?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my 2014 Chevrolet p/u truck sometimes won't start and sometimes will quit running while I'm driving it. This unsafe. I have taken it to the local dealer twice and was told if they couldn't find a error code in the computer "they wouldn't know where to start"
Okay, when did all this occur, and when did you purchase it? Where did you purchase it? I need to see if this can qualify under state lemon laws, but I need to know dates, mileage, and location so that I can review the codes. Please advise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
problem started 2 weeks ago, bought it 6-7 months ago. in ark. truck has 44000 miles,
Hi, Is this a personal truck or a commercial vehicle? In which state did you purchase this vehicle? Lemon laws differ from state to state, so without knowing that information I cannot answer your question. Please advise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a personal vehicle purchased in arkansaw
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but I live in Missouri and the truck in in missouri
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and the truck has Missouri plates
Hi, Under Missouri law you have up to 18 months after purchase to claim the vehicle as a 'lemon'. To get 'lemon' status you must show that you purchased the vehicle brand new, not used, and that a 'reasonable number of repair attempts' took place. In other words the dealer must attempt to repair and generally the vehicle must be out of commission for about 30 days to qualify. Therefore you need to still permit them to repair and if they do not know what the trouble is, demand that they keep it and try to figure it out by giving you a loaner until they know. Only personal vehicles are covered, so if this vehicle was not commercial, lemon law may help but you must allow them the ability to repair. Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this truck was a dealer demo. it had 4000 miles on it when I bought it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was a current year 2014 and I bought it in 2014
Hi, But if you purchased it as 'new' (the vehicle was never titled) it is still treated as new. Luckily Missouri does not appear to have a mileage requirement that most states possess, so the statute of limitations would begin running from the purchase date when you purchased the vehicle if it was not titled in the past. Sincerely, ***** *****