Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

I want to tell you exactly what happen in Mesa Arizona

Customer Question

Hi .I want to tell you exactly what happen in Mesa Arizona :
I was making a left turn twice with green light from the Extension Rd to Broadway Rd in Mesa After I made my left turn my van after it touch the middle yellow line on the SE of Extension Rd interaction accidentally the photo radar on NE of corner of Extension Rd and Extension Rd flashed me twice .I will explain to you how that happen :
1) The light with green first time the light was green for both different or opposite direction side side I made my lift turn to same left line but suddenly a truck was coming from the opposite intersection making a right turn and he was driving very fast when made the right turn at same time made my left turn he almost going to hit my van by the time when merge to the left to avoid get crash touching the yellow line the radar flashed
2) Also at second time with a green arrow when I made the same left turn touching the yellow line accidentally the radar flashed again .I want to make sure that if the photo radars on the intersection made for red light runner and speeding over the limit m I getting a citation for touching a yellow line accidentally at the intersection as long the light was green for the first time and turned to green arrow for the second time and I wasn't speeding twice or may the error or technical issue on the radar made that error took a photo by mistake especially I wasn't speeding or never run a red light at all .I want to make sure if every thing will be ok because I was so worried . need your help.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the photo shows you were in the intersection, not just touching the yellow line, making your turn at the time the light changed, then you should not receive a ticket at all. They are supposed to review the entire video of the alleged violation to make that determination and if they find the car was legally in the intersection before the light turned red, then no citation would be issued.
If a citation was issued, then when you go to court you can demand to see the whole photo record, which you would use to show that you were in the intersection before the light change and as such you did not violate the law.