CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Experience:  9 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
9540344

I am a California have a ticket with suspended

Customer Question

I am a California have a ticket for driving with suspended license . My original offense was for "driving in a bus lane" while making a "legal" right on red. I can afford the fine what do i do?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Just to be clear, you never took care of the original offense and your license was suspended and then you got stopped and got issued a citation for driving on a suspended license?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct
Thank you for the reply. The first thing that a defendant needs to do, is cure and take care of the original ticket. Once this is done, they can then pay a reinstatement fee and reinstate their license, so it is valid. Now, they do need to appear to answer to the new charge, for driving on a suspended license but the prosecutor assigned to handle the case may consider dismissing or amended the charge, if proof of a valid license can be presented and this was a first offense. Everything can likely be paid, in person, with the clerk of court and then you would just need to wait until your next court date, to close out this last charge.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!