Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Former Asst State Attorney/Hearing Officer
17897874

I have purchased a brand new Fiat. The car has been in a couple times, and need

Customer Question

I have purchased a brand new Fiat. The car has been in for repair a couple times, and needs to go in yet again. The first problem is that the check engine light is constantly on, and there is a transmission problem. Fiat will not fix it because they say there are no replacement parts, or repair procedures for this car yet. Secondly, the power in the car drains completely at arbitrary times.. i can be driving around, stop to eat, come back out, and the car will not start because the battery is dead. The fiat locks your key in the ignition so you cannot remove it. you cannot access the trunk when the battery is dead. if you try to jump start the car, some internal protection kicks in, and displays a message saying you're trying to steal the car.
we keep having to call roadside assistance. Fiat says there is no problem, and that the battery can go dead if the car isn't driven several miles every day. there is obviously a power problem, and they won't even acknowledge it.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to helping you today.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you, but I believe I have information which you will find helpful.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
You may qualify under the so-called Lemon Law and be entitled to a repurchase or replacementfrom the manufacturer (not the dealer) if: 1.three or more repair attempts and the problem continues to exist; OR2.the car is out of service by reason of repair for a cumulative total of 15 days or more (although unavailability of parts may extend this time).Once that happens, you need to contact the manufacturer's customer service division to apply for arbitration. You will find the number in you owner's manual.They say the process can take around 10 days for a decision, but my experience has been that it will be closer to a month. There are attorneys who handle these types of claims, but you can do it yourself, at least to start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm quite confused.. I have some guy dimitri messaging me, but I cannot respond...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I talking with you, or him?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
You are on with me. Do you see my answer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ugh ! This website is frustrating... Everything is blurred out, it asks me to log in, but there is nowhere to log in..
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
You may qualify under the so-called Lemon Law and be entitled to a repurchase or replacementfrom the manufacturer (not the dealer) if: 1.three or more repair attempts and the problem continues to exist; OR2.the car is out of service by reason of repair for a cumulative total of 15 day sor more (although unavailability of parts may extend this time).Once that happens, you need to contact the manufacturer's customer service division to apply for arbitration. You will find the number in you owner's manual.They say the process can take around 10 days for a decision, but my experience has been that it will be closer to a month. There are attorneys who handle thesetypes of claims, but you can do it yourself, at least to start.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?