CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Experience:  9 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
9540344

I leased a car about a month an a half ago i made the first

Customer Question

i leased a car about a month an a half ago i made the first payment when purchasing the car i identified there was a problem with the alignment and the steering wheel upon purchasing they said they will fix the issue the issue wasn't fixed. i called lexus head quarters and they sent a field tech out to inspect the car. the field tech told us verbally that the alignment and steering is slightly off no big deal i bought a nice car just drive it the way it is and enjoy it and went a wrote a report theres no problem with the car now no other dealership wants to touch the car or take a look at it or fix it, i don't want the car no more what do i do
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. Why wont the dealer align the vehicle properly? Are they saying that this was a result of your own fault and you need to pay for it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there telling me that theres is no problem with the car and don't want to put it on the machine or re do an alignment there test on the car is driving the car to see if theres an issue and then there saying theres no problem i had them put it on the machine once when i first got the car and they said the fixed it and the alignment and steering went off again thats why i contact lexus headquarters and they sent a field tech he just drove the car and told me theres a slight alignment and steering prob but it not a problem that its the road thats causing the problem them wrote a report the headquarter telling head quarter that theres no problem with the car.i took the car to two other dealership and they said they know what the problem us and they don't want to touch the car or even fix the car even though I'm now at the point of frustration willing to pay to fix the car one dealership said that i have to pay for them to check the car and i said fine and they went on the computer and said they can't look at the car all the dealership is sending me in circle. one told me its a liability on them. i just spoke to lexus headquarter and they said they can to nothing to help me what there field tech wrote there going to go with that so i have no problem with the car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm at the point i don't want the car anymore i just want to return it and get a different car because they can't fix the prob and all i want is the problem fixed i like the car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the car is a 2015 lexus is350
If there is a problem with the vehicle, you could be protect under the NJ Lemon Law. Here is a link with a guide on how to proceed under that law, if you think there is a problem with the car and the dealer will not fix it, after repeated attempts to address the issue. http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/News/Brochures/Lemon-Law-Road-to-Relief-Brochure.pdf What does seem odd is that it is a brand new car and they acknowledge or know about a problem and refuse to fix it. I know you want them to take the car back but you can not force them to do this, if they do not want to and put you in another vehicle. This is way you may need to evidence that the vehicle is a lemon and this is a know defeat/problem, so you are afforded some protection.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!