Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

I check eligibility in wisconsin. I now live

Customer Question

I check for reinstatement eligibility in wisconsin. I now live out of state. The check came back that I am eligible and if I return to WI I would need SR22. Does this mean they will issue me a license and I am done? What about interlok etc...
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If WI is saying you can be eligible and would need SR-22 insurance and an interlock, it means you can get your license in another state and they would impose their guidelines on you for reinstatement (since WI no longer has a hold on your license) which will mean still SR-22 insurance and your new state's requirement for the interlock device. So yes, if WI is telling you that you are eligible, you have to prove that to the new state and they will have restrictions on your license as well as would have WI if you reinstated it in WI.