Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

My husband had his license suspended in 2005 suspended

Customer Question

My husband had his license suspended in 2005 for driving suspended license and no insurance. He has since moved out off state and no longer resides or will ever reside in OHIO, however we have to reinstate his license in OH to be able to acquire an FL drivers license. How do we go about reinstatement, out of state?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. Do you know what was the basis of the suspension?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe he had multiple offenses for driving without insurance and driving on suspended license. Approx 2012 he was issued an outstanding warrant in mail. We have paid those court costs and an attorney to handle those, but we are left with trying to reinstate his license and we reside in Florida.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would have to pull the paperwork from home and see what those actual offenses are. I believe tickets for not having insurance and driving with suspended license.
Yes please do when you can and let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will contact you when I get home this evening and pull the file.
Sounds good. I just want to make sure he has no open cases, since driving on a suspended license is a criminal offense