Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.
26798026

I bought a 2014 Jeep Cherokee in March of 2014 and since

Customer Question

I bought a 2014 Jeep Cherokee in March of 2014 and since June it has stalled out on me on a monthly basis. Every time it stalls out it tells me to service the transmission. I bring it in for repairs and it will work for a short period of time before it stalls out on me again. I brought it in again for repairs yesterday and they told me it was fixed and ready to be picked up. After picking it up from the dealership it stalled out on me 5 times on my drive to work. This shouldn't be happening on any car let alone a brand new car. I've researched the issue online and found this is a recurring issue you Jeep, so I guess I am not alone. I even found this website http://jeepcherokeetransmissionproblems.com . I drive with my pregnant wife and 22 month old everyday and I don't feel safe in this vehicle and I am worried I was sold a lemon. Is there anything I can do?
~Alex
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
New York's lemon law requires a manufacturer to replace a vehicle or provide a refund if the same problem persists despite 4 or more repair attempts, OR if the vehicle is out of service for more than 30 days. actually sounds like you might meet both prongs. As the buyer, you get to pick if you want a replacement or your money back.
You have a right to tell the dealer or manufacturer that the car is a lemon. If you contact the dealer, they have 7 days to notify the manufacturer of your claim. The dealer can also give you records of all your repairs if you don't have them. If they try to stall you, call the State Department of Motor Vehicle Repairs at(###) ###-####
It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.