Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

Hey Criminal defense,On Friday July 10 around 7pm eastern standard tim

Customer Question

Hey Criminal defense,
On Friday July 10 around 7pm eastern standard time I summoned an Uber car to come and pick me up from a bar in Seagirt New Jersey. The road was lined with cones to deter pick ups and drop offs in front of the establishment.
I walked outside to meet my driver and was told by a Seagirt police officer I had to be picked up in a different location around the corner from where I was standing.
Right after I was told this my driver pulled up and confirmed it was me and I got in his vehicle. We were flagged to pull over and I was issued an Obstructing Traffic ticket 39: 4-67.5.
The driver was not issued any summons and the ticket is written as if I were operating his vehicle with all of his information on the summons and my drivers license number.
The penal code clearly states this is a moving violation.
Thanks,
Nick
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Is there a specific question with which I could assist?