Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

I just bought a new car and took the vehicle to a mechanic

Customer Question

I just bought a new car and took the vehicle to a mechanic from an add I saw on Craigslist
He was charging me by the hour to install new swinging door hinges, when the door fell and not only crunched, but bent the fender.
He said he would repair it fee of charge of course, but I can't afford to fix the car myself or come up with the money for the parts right now.
My question is how don't make him pay for everything and do I have the right to take the vehicle elsewhere to finish the job. Thanks for understanding
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. Just to be clear, the damage to the door was a result of his fault? Also, why do you need to fix the car and pay for the parts if he did this and it was a brand new car?