Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Attorney
Experience:  I have been handling minor traffic offenses for more than 20 years.
10707909

I got a camera red light ticket while stuck in traffic a month ago off

Customer Question

I got a camera red light ticket while stuck in traffic a month ago off La Cienega and Washington blvd in Culver City. I thought LA County had outlawed these kinds of camera tickets.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardLA county has not outlawed the red light tickets. The LA police officers will no longer appear at court hearings on the matter. The L.A. County Superior Court — who processes all red-light camera tickets — treats them a little differently than most violations, perhaps due to their legally controversial nature. The fact of the matter is that until you confirm the person in the photo is you, the court has no way of proving it.
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.
Therefore, the only way you’ll get a “failure to appear” is if you respond to the ticket in any way. And that includes if you just acknowledge the ticket to a court clerk over the phone.
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much. I have not responded it at all. I have only contacted the DMV to see if there is a record of I having any tickets on file, and so far they have nothing on record. Thanks again, Ruth