Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.
26798026

I live in Minnesota. I would like to report an individual

Customer Question

I live in Minnesota. I would like to report an individual who has a restricted DL no-alcohol. EVER. Has been drinking and driving ever since and I believe he is a public safety hazard.
What should I do?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
If you know that the person in question is drinking & driving at a given moment, you can call 911 and tell them there's a drunk driver at a specific intersection or driving down X road. (You may also want to see if it's possible to detain the person and stop them from driving before police arrive.) You can also call the non-emergency number and tell them what you know. If this person is on probation or parole (which they often are to have that type of license), police can contact the PO, who will investigate.
Police can also notify the DMV, who may decide to hold a hearing to revoke the restricted license. They may want you to testify at the hearing.
It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.