Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 16 years experience
19958803

Please help...my daughter 20years old gas a permit only. Shehit

Customer Question

Please help...my daughter 20years old gas a permit only. Shehit a car and ran. Panicked.. What will most likely happen to her? No injuries
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
It is likely that she would be charged with hit and run with property damage if there were no injuries. CA Vehicle Code section 20002 prescribes hit and run punishment causing property damage only.
.
The punishment is up to 6 months in jail (although not very likely), a fine up to $1,000, and any restitution for damages.
.
If she has a clean record otherwise, it is likely she would receive probation for the offense along with a midrange fine and the costs of restitution for the damaged vehicle.
.
.
thanks
.