Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.
18321761

Is there a difference between a highway and regular road? I got a speeding ticket and the

Customer Question

Is there a difference between a highway and regular road? I got a speeding ticket and the ticket was written up as exceeding posted speed on a undivided highway. The road I was driving on is not a highway of any sort. Should I just pay the ticket or fight it.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
sHello,

My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.

No, there is no difference between a highway and a regular road. California's Vehicle Code Sections 100-680 provide the definitions which apply throughouth the vehicle code.

"highway" is defined in section 360 as:

". . . a way or place of whatever nature, publicly
maintained and open to the use of the public for purposes of
vehicular travel. Highway includes street."

So, your ticket is accurate, and if you want to fight the ticket, you would have to do so on grounds other than this one.