Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

I lost my license in 1996 do to a law suit judgment out of

Customer Question

I lost my license in 1996 do to a law suit judgment out of New Mexico from a car accident. New Mexico stutute of limitations ended after 14 years, Arizona will not release my license with out a non remewal letter from New Mexico. I requested a court hearing in New Mexico Court, the Judge responded back that this is no longer in there jurihat can I do or talk to to resolve this issue ?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In order to get the lien released, you will need to file a motion to vacate judgment lien, because it was sent to NM DMV and NM DMV is going to need an order from the NM court to vacate that judgment lien. I do not know what type of motion you already filed, but that is generally the motion you would file based on the judgment not being renewed in 14 years pursuant to NMSA 1978 §37-1-1 et seq.