Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

My son has a traffic infraction on his record. It is prevention

Customer Question

My son has a traffic infraction on his record. It is prevention him from getting hired as a paramedic because their insurance won't cover him. Can he get this expunged from his record?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under CA law, there is no expungement law for even criminal charges, much less traffic infractions I am afraid. Unfortunately, once you get a traffic infraction points come off the license after 3 years. If it has been more than 3 years and the traffic infraction is the only issue, there is no mechanism in CA law to remove that from his record.