RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in numerous areas of the law.
18284290

I have some traffic tickets about 7-8 year old can they be

Customer Question

i have some traffic tickets about 7-8 year old can they be exspone from my record
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.To answer your question directly, unfortunately, a driving record, for moving violations (such as speeding, careless driving, etc) unlike a criminal record, cannot be expunged or sealed. Prior to a ticket being paid, you can go to court and argue that the ticket be reduced, or you can try to take a driver improvement course to keep points from being assessed. But once the entry is made and the ticket paid, it remains there. Driving is considered a privilege, and is not a right, and therefore, states are permitted to maintain a complete driving history on an individual and is not required to remove them. If I can clarify anything or you need additional information, kindly use the REPLY feature, I'm happy to assist you. Thank you.