Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

I received a speeding 90/70 ticket in Sparks, GA in 2013. I

Customer Question

I received a speeding 90/70 ticket in Sparks, GA in 2013. I was trying to pass a swerving semi truck and sped up when I was pulled over. I paid the ticket and super speeder fine to avoid suspension of my drivers license. Now, I would like to have the ticket removed from my mvr. Can I request supervision or have the ticket vacated?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, once you plead guilty by paying the ticket and fine, that is a waiver of any rights to appeal. Also, under GA law, there is no legal means to remove anything from your driver's license record. You can file a motion for post conviction relief to ask the citation be set aside and vacated, but this is a "hail Mary pass," and something that is not often granted by the court unless you produce some new evidence as to why it should be vacated that was not available at the time you entered your plea (such as you found out that the radar used was defective etc).
I am afraid that based on your information above that is really the only option you have, and it is not a real hopeful one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am interested in trying. I have had a clean driving record and it is now hindering me from employment.
Thank you for your reply.
If this is your reason, hindering employment, you can make the argument to the court as part of your reason to vacate the citation conviction as that is your only chance as I said. You will need to also hire a local attorney to represent you in court on this type of case.