Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.
18321761

Is there any way to get a suspended license back early?

Customer Question

Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I lost my license because of traffic tickets that were unpaid, and then got a driving while suspended on top of that.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
No, there is no way to decrease the amount of the suspension. However, if you have taken care of your traffic tickets and are in a position to demonstrate a compelling need to drive, say for work/school/medical treatment purposes, you may be able to get a restricted license that would allow you to meet your critical needs until your suspension time runs out. You can read more about how to do that at the link below:
http://www.iowalegalaid.org/resource/getting-a-temporary-restricted-license-trl?ref=68aNX