traffic77777
traffic77777, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
66086886

I need my license. It was suspended due to a failure to py

Customer Question

I need my license. It was suspended due to a failure to py 2 fines. Both are with GC Services. I called to pay today & they said 1 ticket is on file only. I went to court website and it says ticket is with GC Services... Seems like its dissapeared.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  traffic77777 replied 1 year ago.
I am a California lawyer. I’ll be happy to help you with this.
If your license was suspended for a failure to pay, then paying GC Services is your only option if you want to get your hold released. If they lost record of one of the tickets, then it’s good news for you b/c then you will only have to pay for one ticket. Once the fee is paid, you will be given an FTP/FTA abstract stating you fulfilled your court requirement. If your ticket is 5 years old or older, you can call the DMV and have them purge the hold.
http://www.dmv.org/ca-california/suspended-license.php#Reinstate-Your-CA-Suspended-Drivers-License