Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.
26798026

I'm going to traffic court light camara. Although it

Customer Question

I'm going to traffic court for red light camara. Although it saids I failed to stop I never fail to stop. I stopped and see it was safe to proceed. The photos display back lights red. The video does not play. I receive an error. It reads stream not found. The bail on paper is blank.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

What state are you in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

California

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

Check to see if the ticket is marked that a court appearance is required. If it is, you have to go to court. If not, they should have included paperwork in the packet that lets you request a "trial by declaration." You have the ability to send that back, explain that you DID come to a complete stop, and ask that they dismiss the ticket. If the video doesn't work, they should dismiss the ticket for you. The fact that there's no amount written on the ticket makes it sound like it was issued by mistake.

The other option is to go to court, talk to the DA, and ask them to dismiss the ticket because you came to a complete stop. If the pictures show a stop, they should be able to throw it out for you. They can actually see your speed approaching the line, and going through, which helps them determine whether you come to a complete stop before going through instead of just braking or pausing at the line.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.