Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Experience:  10 years of legal experience, including traffic law
12176198

I was recently pulled over going 56 in a 40 zone by a county sheriff g

Customer Question

I was recently pulled over going 56 in a 40 zone by a county sheriff gave me a disobeyed traffic control device violation, due to go to town court Tuesday how should I Plead? I am 54 and have never had an accident or recieved any ticket before.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Given that you have a clean record, I would try to work out a plea agreement to something other than a conviction. Since he didn't charge you with speeding, you can't plead it down to a lesser speed. But you may be eligible for something called adjournment in contemplation of dismissal (also known as ACD or ACOD). Basically your case is put off for a period of time (usually six months) and if you don't pick up any new tickets it is dismissed, so your record remains clean and you don't get any points. Some people prefer to bring traffic lawyers with them to negotiate on their behalf, but you can also make the request in court yourself if it is not directly offered to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used your advice today and it worked great...it looks like I will get an adjournment. Thanks
Excellent. I am glad to hear it worked out for you. I'd appreciate if you'd leave me positive feedback so I get credit for my answer. Thanks, ***** ***** on the great result.