Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

My car and my sister car was towed from an apartment complex,

Customer Question

My car and my sister car was towed from an apartment complex, due to our car was not park within the lines. I parked my car between two cars, my sister car was park on my right. we realize our car was being towed when our cars was already lifted onto the truck. we confront the driver as to why our cars was being towed, he stated that our car was not park within the lines, when then ask him to show us pictures, he refuse and took our anyway. My sister took pictures of the ground of the lines that was not legible at all, you could barley see the lines. once we arrived to the towing facility, my sister ask to speak to the owner in which she did. when she ask again about seeing the pictures of our park cars . The owner hung on her , called back and instructed his driver to just give us our cars back, mean while the police was called and came, we both stated our case. Pictures was shown to the police, but still not to us. police spoke with the owner on the phone as well and it was agreed that we only pay for one car now, before the police came it was agree to release our cars free of charger. I paid, but I believe that was a scam and totally wrong. The tow trucker let us retrieve our car once paid and said to me and sister, if we see a car illegally park, give him a call and we would get paid as well. Now I know that was a set up that cost me money that I did not have. I need to know what is people rights of having their cars towed and how can I be helped in this situation.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Do you happen to know if the tow company had a contract with the apartment complex, and if the complex specifically directed the tow company to tow your vehicle?