Legalease
Legalease, Attorney
Experience:  15 years exp in driving issues
20355756

My drive License was suspended because of fraud documentation.

Customer Question

My drive License was suspended because of fraud documentation. I went to the hearing and I got my full license back. however still shows on my drive record and is blocking me to be accepted on a new job. What can I do to remove that from my background?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello there -
-
I am in Massachusetts and practice here. Under these circumstances, in order to get this record purged from your driving record, the hearings officer must have found you not responsible (or not guilty) completely. If that is what happened, then you need to contact the RMV to get an appeals form to either purge or seal the charge in the RMV records. If you were found to be not responsible at the original hearing, the RMV may simply purge it at your request when you file the appeals paperwork. You should contact your local RMV to request instructions and paperwork in order to complete and file the paperwork.
-
If this was actually a matter that was heard in the local district court and not at an RMV hearing, then you can get the paperwork to seal or purge the charges from your record at the clerk's office at the district court where your case was handled and heard. Again, the clerk and the court may simply review the paperwork and approve the sealing of the record or the court may request that you come in for an additional hearing before they do so (this is up to the discretion of the judge reviewing the case).
-
Please let me know if you have further questions. If not, can you please press a positive rating below so I will receive credit for my time.
-
-
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
-
MARY
-