Legalease
Legalease, Attorney
Experience:  15 years exp in driving issues
20355756

I did not have insurance on my car I got stopped and was told by the c

Customer Question

I did not have insurance on my car I got stopped and was told by the cop my license was suspended however I did not receive a notice
she marked it as a misdeamnor. On the same day I went to get insurance. I have applied for the restricted license until my court date. What can I do in the meantime?
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
12 June 2015 03:04
I did not have insurance on my car I got...
I did not have insurance on my car I got stopped and was told by the cop my license was suspended however I did not receive a notice she marked it as a misdeamnor. On the same day I went to get insurance. I have applied for the restricted license until my court date. What can I do in the meantime?
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello there -
-
I apologize for the delay in answering your question, but this is the first time I have seen it (I do not know if any other expert viewed it prior to me).
-
At this point you have done all that you can do to remedy the situation until your court date -- but I do suggest that you show up at court with proof of the insurance and your driver's license and if this is the first time something like this has happened to you, the court might dismiss it with a small fine. However, if you have had prior incidents, then the court may order that your license be restricted for a period of time and you might end up on probation. It truly depends upon whether or not you have anything else outstanding.
-
Please let me know if you have further questions.
-
MARY