CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Experience:  9 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
9540344

I've got traffic citation lanes violation c89 #4A. I was on a single l

Customer Question

I've got traffic citation for marked lanes violation c89 #4A.
I was on a single lane road approaching an intersection, where the single lane road expanded to 2 lanes. The second lane allows a driver to either go strait or make a left.
As the street expanded from 1 lane to 2 lanes, I maneuvered from the single lane to the left-hand lane (of the double lane just prior to the intersection). Once I made the maneuver, I came to a red light. While the I stopped at the right light, I was approached an Officer who was in the car behind me. This Officer was off duty in his personal car. At this point, I received a citation or a Marked Lane Violation. The solid double yellow lane was faded, and not clearly visible where the 2 lanes started.
The Magistrate Hearing is scheduled for tomorrow. My question is, what is my best line of defense.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. Just to be clear, your argument is that you could not see the double yellow line and got over too quickly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The officer said I broke the double yellow line
Thank you. If that is going to be your defense, then you want to go back to the location and take photos and bring them in, to show the court. While you can testify to the lines, the court is going to want to see evidence. If you can support your testimony with photos, then you have a very good chance of being found not guilty of the violation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** did that
Good. If the pictures evidence it, then you have a defense that the roadways were not visible and clearly marked, so you did not know when you were able to get over.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay
Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please rate my help at this time, so I can receive the proper credit. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help, but JUST ANSWER didn't provide any additional to what I already knew.
You are welcome. I understand your frustration. Often times, the answer is as basic and simple as someone may think. You asked above what your best defense was and I shared it with you, based upon the information provided. Nothing was shared about what you already knew and you are doing what you should be, if your defense is that the lines were not visible and properly marked.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
You are welcome and best of luck tomorrow.