LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years experience in the practice of law, including representation of clients in Traffic Court.
15277592

How do I get a copy of my driving record if I don'[t know

Customer Question

How do I get a copy of my driving record if I don'[t know my drivers license #? My license was suspended about 8 or 9 years ago. I am disabled and can't drive anymore.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
If you’re looking for your own driver’s license number, you may be able to find it on a cancelled check, a previous loan application, or some other paperwork that required you to provide your driver’s license number.
Additionally, if you go to your local DMV, they can take your other information such as name and date of birth and locate your old number for you. They can also usually get you a copy of your driving record at most local DMV offices in Texas.
To find your nearest DMV office, please look at this link:
http://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/dmv-office-finder.php#Texas-Office-Locations-
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done all this and they won't give me the number. I got a ticket for forgetting to hang my parking placard.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doug I don't think you want my rating since you haven't told me anything I didn't already know
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to help you. Please understand though that I cannot guarantee you new information, and I have know idea what you may know or what you may have already done if you don't tell me.
1. What does your driving record have to do with you getting a ticket for a placard violation? What do you plan to do with your driving record?
2. You already went to your local DMV office? And you are telling me they don't have a record of you at all?