Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Attorney
Experience:  I have been handling minor traffic offenses for more than 20 years.
10707909

I received the following citations in Texas in a rural county.

Customer Question

I received the following citations in Texas in a rural county. I was cited by a DPS State Trooper.
545.055 (B) driving on wrong side--no passing zone
521 021; 521 026 Expired license (by 3 days and was renewed the following day)
550 026 Failure to report injury accident at once to proper authorities
547.004 (A) (1)) Drive/Permit to drive vehicle in unsafe condition so as to endanger any person
My question is--what are the penalties for these citations? What can I do to defend myself? I am supposed to appear before the county traffic judge by Friday. I can provide more details about what happened. I don't feel I was fairly cited.
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have many things to s hare
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will provide you the information in this regard1 - 545.055 (B) driving on wrong side--no passing zone - $185 fine.2- 521 021; 521 026 Expired license (by 3 days and was renewed the following day) - $150 fine each3 - 550 026 Failure to report injury accident at once to proper authorities - this depends. The penalty is written as follows: a Class C misdemeanor, if the damage to all vehicles is less than $200; ora Class B misdemeanor, if the damage to all vehicles is $200 or more.4 - 547.004 (A) (1)) Drive/Permit to drive vehicle in unsafe condition so as to endanger any person - penalty is provided if convicted as a misdemeanorHowever the Code does provide (c) A court may dismiss a charge brought under this section if the defendant:(1) remedies the defect before the defendant's first court appearance; and(2) pays an administrative fee not to exceed $10.(d) Subsection (c) does not apply to an offense involving a commercial motor vehicle.
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.
I suggest that you can get your repairs done, and also you have your renewed license, so you can bring that and request a reduced fine.