Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

Can I seek a PJC speeding ticket in 50 mph zone

Customer Question

can I seek a PJC for a speeding ticket for 74 in 50 mph zone and would taking an online defensive/improvement class help me?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only
A prayer for judgment continued in NC can be granted for speeding violations UNDER 25 over the limit. So as long as your speeding was under 25 and you have not used it more than 1 time in 3 years or 2 times per household in 5 years, this plea agreement is available to you. You do not need to take any driver improvement class to get one, you need to go to court and ask the prosecutor to agree to a PJC and in most all cases they will do so and will grant it.