Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.
18321761

In sept 2010 I was cited (a) when a gum wrapper

Customer Question

Hello. In sept 2010 I was cited for 23112(a) when a gum wrapper flew out the window of my friends car. I went back to court in April 2011 to show my completion of community service and paid my fine. I have not heard anything of this since this day.
My license is up for renewal in 2 months and the dmv sent me a notice stating my license would not be renewed until the citation is cleared. When I pull up the case with lasc.org, I see the citation "matters set for compliance".
Luckily I still have a copy of the check (which they cashed, and it cleared) I have my original receipt, and my proof of community service completion. What do i need to do to get them to correct this error and cascade this to he DMV? thanks in advance
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.

You're going to have to call the clerk of the court and ask him how you show your compliance and get the record of your case corrected. That should also correct what's in the state database about your case.

You should then be able to get a certificate of disposition, showing that your case is closed, which you can show to the DMV along with your other documentation and that you have no further court obligations with regard to your case. This would make you eligible for a license again.