Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I forgot to pay a couple of fix-it tickets of registration

Customer Question

I forgot to pay a couple of fix-it tickets for lack of registration and window tint. My license was suspended past the expiration date. My (large) fines have been paid to the court. How can I get it reissued?
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need a written test? A behind the wheel test? A fine?The court fees were paid a few months ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response:The Court needs to give you Failed to Pay (FTP) abstract that says you have fulfilled this requirement. This information should be transmitted to DMV. You would then pay "a re-issue fee" to DMV. If you have further questions, contact DMV at 1-***-***-**** during normal business hours (Between 8-5, Mon., Tues., Thurs., & Fri. Between 9-5 on Wednesdays.)
If you have not received this "FTP abstract" from the Court, you need to contact the Clerk's office to send the information to you and DMV.
If your vehicle registration was also suspended, then you need to contact DMV directly for that issue. For more information, click on the link below:
https://dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/vr/ins_vr_susp