Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.
18321761

I have been given a notice to appear charge

Customer Question

I have been given a notice to appear for the charge of knowingly using falsified vehicle registration plate. I have never been arrested before for any reason. What is likely to happen in the state of Maryland?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
In Maryland this charge is Section 14-107 of the Maryland Code. It carries a maximum possible penalty of two months of jail and a fine of $500. Jail is almost entirely unlikely.
You should have a lawyer with you on your court date. He may be able to get this matter dismissed or resolve it in some way favorable to you so that it won't hurt your record such as a PBJ.