Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

A Quick Question....In an intersection accident, person

Customer Question

A Quick Question....
In an intersection accident, person crossed the intersection crossed the intersection
while the oncoming car was coming down the road.
This person was considered to be at fault by the sheriff's dept.
This person had 1 citation and 1 ticket marked on the police report ., but it was
recorded on WI. CCAP website that this person had paid only the citation, "failure
to yield", not the inattentive driving ticket.
How would the inattentive ticket been cleared ? By the police officer or a judge?
Could this person have requested a lawyer to do it?
Thank You
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
A Quick Question....

Response 1: Contact the Police Department to clear the error. If the error is not cleared, then you need to contact the Clerk's Office (Courthouse) to clear it.
[Could this person have requested a lawyer to do it?
Response 2: Yes.
Thank You
Optional Information:
Country relating to Question: United States
State (if USA): Wisconsin
What have you tried so far?: I was the oncoming car. I was told that I was not at fault, by the sheriff's dept., 7 months later. I was not issued any citations from the accident. ( I double-checked everything at the sheriff's dept) Could the person who had the ticket removed come back and try to prove the oncoming car ( me) at fault through thier insurance co. or with the police? Thank You

Response 3: Anything is possible, but it is highly doubtful that this would occur.