Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.
26798026

Is there a drivers license compact between Quebec and Verm

Customer Question

Is there a drivers license compact between Quebec and Vermont? If convicted of a DUI in Vermont will license be revoked in Quebec?

Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Vermont does not have a driver's license compact with Quebec. The person's ability to drive will be suspended in Vermont. If you're caught driving in Vermont with a suspended license, you'll be charged with a misdemeanor.

Canada does not allow a person with a DUI conviction to enter the country, so if you are not a Canadian citizen, that could cause additional problems. The DUI has to be disclosed at the border if they ask (but they may not ask if you're a citizen).