Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

My car was repossessed in 2010 due to back parking tickets -

Customer Question

My car was repossessed in 2010 due to back parking tickets - I'm working towards paying off my delinquent parking tickets in order to get a new car in the near future but my concern is whether or not my car has a deficiency against it. My car was paid
off at the time. I should have received a notice of deficiency, if that were the case, correct? Is there any resource where I can look up if there's a deficiency against me? Would this have appeared on my credit report? I don't see it, if so.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
I am sorry, but I am having trouble reconciling your statements.
How can your car be repossessed when it was paid off?
Why would you have a deficiency when the car was paid off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, my apologies -My car was towed and then sold due to delinquent payments of back parking tickets. By "paid off" I mean I did not have a loan on my car, I owned it.My concern is that after towing and selling the car, there's a deficiency I'm unaware of for the cost of towing and storing the car until auction, outside of the delinquent parking tickets which are still outstanding.
Thank you for the clarification. Regrettably, I do not have an answer for you. So, I will opt out and give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.
Please do not respond to me because doing so would delay a response from another Attorney.
Goodluck with your case.