Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I got a speeding ticket in WV over speed limit.

Customer Question

I got a speeding ticket in WV for 22mph over speed limit. any idea how to try to reduce the penalties or cost when I go to magistrate court
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: Ask the Court to allow you to enroll in defensive driving school. If the Court grants your request, you may not have to pay for the ticket and the point on your record would be reduced by 3 points. Speeding 20 mph and over above the speed limit currently carries 6 points. Kindly note that online driving school is currently not accepted. For more information, click on the link below
http://www.transportation.wv.gov/dmv/Drivers-Licenses/Pages/PointSystem.aspx