Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

On saturday night i was walking home from the American Legion

Customer Question

On saturday night i was walking home from the American Legion located in Allenstown,NH a police partrol car pulled ne over cuffed me and drove me approximately 500 feet to my house and gave me a ticket for pedestrian in roadway. I was under the influence of alchohol but the ticket doesnt mention anything about it. I dont remember what i was doing at the time the police pulled me over i just remember talking to the officer. Do i fight the ticket or just pay it?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It is a fine of approximately $44.64 and it is a violation of the law for a pedestrian to walk in the roadway. It is something that really most times if you go to court on the court may reduce the fine a bit (usually not lower than $25-$30) so you need to decide how much spending your time in court to plead not guilty would be. It is a traffic violation and it does not go on your criminal record unlike public intoxication would have. So in most cases people just pay these fines and are done with them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes the ticket was just under $45. i under stand its a minor traffic violation however would it be worth fighting since where i was detained there isnt any sidewalks?
Thank you for your reply.
If there were no sidewalks and no other place for you to walk and you bring in pictures, then you stand a good chance of getting the court to dismiss the case. So you can go into court to fight this and plead not guilty if you wish to take the time to do so.