Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

I have a CDL and can not get a job do to a suspended lic. on

Customer Question

I have a CDL and can not get a job do to a suspended lic. on my record and some tickets but the last on wa in 2012. The suspencion was do to not completing the DDS course in time i was less then 10 late. I was a OTR driver and was on the road for 14 weeks, i just didnt get the noice in time. Is there so way to get my record clened so i can get a job? I'v been told if you are cunffit of a crime you can that off your record so you can get a job. can I do the same thing for my lic. so I can get a job?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that under Indiana law there is really no legal process to clear a driver's license record unless the charges against you were dismissed or you were found not guilty. Thus, in order to do anything about the suspension you would have to prove that the suspension was invalid. If the court finds it to be invalid, then DMV has to remove it from your license record. However, if the suspension is found to have been valid, there is no process to remove anything from a drivers license record I am sorry to say. Also, what you have been told about being able to remove a crime from your record is not really the whole truth, as many criminal convictions in Indiana cannot be removed from any record.
So, what you need to do here is get a local attorney to try to go to court to have the suspension declared invalid and vacate it. Once that is done then it would be able to be removed from your record.