Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

If the officer wrote the wrong street name intersection of the

Customer Question

If the officer wrote the wrong street name for the intersection of the violation, can the ticket be dismissed?
What Happened.....
Imagine an intersection on paper (+) with north being the top street, west being the left street, south being the bottom street, and east being the right street. He wrote the violation using the north and west street names when the street I was on was going from southern street to eastern street. So the violation he wrote was Clearview and Ulysses (North and west streets from description above) when I never drove on those streets. I was on innovation S going to innovation W (southern and eastern street from description above).
So...
Can't I have the case dismissed because of incorrect information of the violation?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I would be glad to assist you. Many traffic tickets are dismissed because of incorrect information written on the ticket. Some information is more importat than other information. The information describing the location where the police officer alleges the violation occurred. You would have a very good chance of having the ticket dismissed, if you go to Court prepare It would be a good idea to go to the location which the police officer describes on the ticket. Take several photographs from every possible angle, have these enlarged to 8x010 and br them wih you to the hearing. The police officer will testify first. Pay close attention to what he says. Then, cross eamine him on the location. Have th police officer firmly commit to the location that he states on the ticket.
JustAnswer is using a different format, but it is not working