SoloLawyer
SoloLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  I help clients deal with traffic tickets on a weekly basis.
18210975

I live in california 20 years ago i lived in iowa

Customer Question

hi i live in california 20 years ago i lived in iowa for a couple of years all of the suudden they put a hold on my license from an owi i got 20 years ago back there saying i didn't pay a 400$ fine that i know i paid but cant prove is there any way i can get them to release the hold on my license they said i had to pay this fine before i can....I am 100% disabled and this isn't something i can do i simply don't have the 400$ I could make small monthly payments to them but they told me in full is there anything i can do?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Delivering bad news is an unfortunate part of working with JustAnswer and I hate to do it, but this is one such circumstance. If you can't prove you already paid the fine, then the court is going to be able to keep the hold on your license until the fine is paid. I was going to suggest filing something in the Court to how that you had paid the fine, but you already mentioned that is not a possibility. I'm not sure why they wouldn't accept your monthly payments, but the license would obviously remain on hold until the full amount was taken care of. I hope this helps. If you valued my time, I'd love a positive review. I'll be happy to follow up until you're completely satisfied.Michael