Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

In aug last year i lost my husband and my home did not drive

Customer Question

In aug last year i lost my husband and my home did not drive at the time because of mental issues depresion breakdown under phychiatry care was in bed heavily sedated for 1 month had daughter cancel insurance on car told someone to bring plates back to dmv said they were now found out license suspended lapse they were brought back not showing what do i do i am very ill under doctors care on medicines since my husband passed have no money no where really for me and my son to live and mom cares for me how do i make them understand they were returned cannot find receipt dont no if i had one given my daughter said returned what do i do no paperwork shows it very upset their error have doctors note to bring to prove how ill i am and was that summer in bed was told returned they cannot find it is not our fault my doctor said they have to admit they cannot locate them how can they find they say not showing i do not need this stress even have date insurance canceled and plates retuurned right after moved in between never recieved no letters mail was at po and moms was shocked i did not no what do i do my doctors statement he said schould explain thats their problem cannot locate this is 1 yr later please help
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no proof of any they cannot find returned plates a yr ago this is their misake i am not taking the blame
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. I am afraid that if they cannot find the proof, you are going to have to next file an appeal with DMV and go before a hearing officer with your daughter and also a detailed written report from your doctor and the hearing officer will have to decide whether or not the license should be reinstated. The fact is the DMV makes these mistakes all of the time and the fact is that you need to overcome this by filing an appeal hearing and going before the hearing officer and showing them the evidence and get them to order reinstatement for your license. This is the only way to get the license reinstated at this point.