Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

I HAVE TO WRITE A LETTER TO A TRAFFIC COURT JUDGE .

Customer Question

I HAVE TO WRITE A LETTER TO A TRAFFIC COURT JUDGE FOR SPEEDING. I WAS TRYING TO GET OUT OF THE WAY OF A CAR IN THE FAST LANE SPEEDING EXCESSIVELY AND THE SLOW LANE HAD A CAR GOING EXCESSIVELY SLOW SO i HAD TO GET AROUND THE SLOW CAR IN ORDER TO GET OUT OF THE WAY OF THE FAST CAR. iT WAS THAT SIMPLE, BUT i GOT A TICKET WHILE TRYING TO GO AROUND THE SLOW CAR. i WAS TECHNICALLY TRAPPED BETWEEN THE TWO CARS.
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to write a letter to the judge regarding this, as this is an option. I need to know how to address this letter to the judge and what to say, what not to say, and the type of format that judge is going to respect. Any other helps you have are needed. Thank you. I need to get this done today.
Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for requesting me. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today.
What is the purpose of the letter? You said it's an option, but for what? For him not to convict you? Or have you been convicted and are asking for something else?
Thanks.
Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me a sample letter please for writing a judge requesting a speeding ticket be dropped? I can either go to court, or write a letter. I chose to write a letter but want to come across professionally. I simply was avoiding a speeding car behind me, and trying to get around an excessively slow car in the other lane. I basically was fighting for my life and was betwixt a speeding bullet and a slow car. I got the ticket for speeding up to get in front of the slow car and out of harms way of the excessively fast car. I need help constructing the letter. I also need this done in an hour and into the court house with my paid in advance fines. Thanks.
Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Well, I can't write the letter for you, as it will be used in your defense it sounds like and that would constitute legal advice. I'll opt out to see if someone else can assist. Don't respond to this until someone else picks it up or it will bounce back to me. Your deposit is still intact.
Michael