Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My IL drivers license expired in Sept 2013 and I did not realize

Customer Question

My IL drivers license expired in Sept 2013 and I did not realize this until recently...my Mom was very ill at the time and passed away last yr 2014. What happens when I go to the drivers facility to renew my licencse? I was supposed to take a written test and vision before it expired 2013
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: You would be required to take the written test and vision test before your license is renewed. As you know, you should not be driving with an expired license. If caught, your driving privilege would be suspended. You would not be allowed to renew your license until the expiration date of your suspension.