Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

I have two excessive speeding tickets with a cdl but not while

Customer Question

i have two excessive speeding tickets with a cdl but not while driving a tractor trailer one in 2011 80 in a 65 one in 2014 74 in a 55 can I get one or both removed or something
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It is possible depending on the state to file a petition to vacate the conviction and ask the court to remove the conviction from your record. It is not something that is easily done and it depends on the state. So what state did the tickets occur in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my license is a Missouri cdl and both tickets are in missouri
Thank you for your reply.
Missouri the record of the violation stays for 4 years unless you get it removed by going to court and filing a motion with the court to vacate the conviction and dismiss or reduce to a non-moving violation. Before you do anything you need to contact MO DMV/Department of Revenue for a driver's license record to see if the violation from more than 4 years ago is still on your record as it should have been removed. If it has not been removed, then you can wait for the 4 years because it is a CDL (the 2011 should be almost off of your record) and submit a removal request to MO Department of Revenue or you need to get an attorney to go to court to move to vacate the violation.
These are the recourses for your situation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i had my license puredged by the dlb yesterday and those two are what is left , one agent over thw phone said that since thoses were excesive speeding and i hold a cdl that they don't come off,,,, was he blowin smoke up u know where and the four years is what i need to wait on for the 2011 ticket the ask to purge my record again.
Thank you for your reply.
You need to consider going to court to get this resolved and motion to vacate them. Excessive speed is one that needs to be vacated and dismissed or reduced by the court before it will be removed.