Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Experience:  10 years of legal experience, including traffic law

I live in Michigan. My Michigan license was revoked in 1985

I live in Michigan. My Michigan license was revoked in 1985 for my third dui. I got a machine installed in my car over a year ago. I failed one rolling retest and I mistakenly took a swig of a flavored beer that looked like a pop can when I left for work at 3:30 in the a.m. I wrote an explanation for the Iterlock place like I am suppose to. Because of those two incidents, my appeal for getting my license was denied. It's been over 27 years since that last dui and I quit drinking almost 18 years ago. I have been a model citizen all these years. I did my crime (which wasn't considered a felony) and feel I have paid my time. I live 40 miles from work. I can't drive. If I lose my job, I lose my house. Is there anything that I can do to get my license reinstated as soon as possible?

Was this last hearing that you had with the Secretary of State's office (i.e. the Department of Motor Vehicles)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, it was at the Secretary of State office. This hearing was for an appeal that I had put in a few months ago.

Thanks for providing the additional information.

At this point, your next step is to file a petition in the Circuit Court in the county where you live to appeal the hearing officer's denial of your license. This website outlines the appeals process:,4670,7-127-1627_8665_9074-29754--,00.html

It also explains the grounds under which an appeal may be granted.

There is a link to the administrative office of the courts, which has all the forms you need to file the appeal depending on your circumstances. This one sounds like it is most like the one you need:

Hope this helps!