Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law

Will my license be suspended if after I attended an operator

Will my license be suspended if after I attended an operator retraining program in Connecticut, I receive an infraction ticket for statute 14-283b 13 months after completing the class? I pleaded not guilty to the infraction, went to the infractions bureau in Connecticut where the fine was reduced from $181 to $90. Once I pay that to the infractions bureau, what is going to happen?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

It is a 3 point infraction in CT. Thus if you pay the infraction, then you are guilty and 3 points will be added to your license so if those three points will put you over the limit for suspension your license could still be suspended I am afraid.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks. But it is my understanding that in Connecticut if I pleaded not guilty and case was sent to the CT infractions and pay the CT infractions bureau then no points would be added to my license as as the DMV does not give points to license when the ticket is paid to the infractions bureau, so where would that leave me?
thank you for your response.

Once you paid the infraction, even though you initially pled not guilty, the payment of the infraction is a guilty plea and it is reported to the drivers license bureau I am afraid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So the only way my license will be suspended in connecticut is if I exceed the number of points allowed on a license?
Thank you for your reply.

That is correct. Your license would be suspended only if you exceed the number of points.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks. So even though the the operator retraining program says i have to complete 36 months without an addiotnal moving violation, my license will actually only be suspended if i accumulate enough points? That answer should do it for then.
Thank you for your response.

If you were then this would put you over the point limit also if you took the class and did get this within 36 months then you are looking at a 30 day suspension for this citation I am afraid.