Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law

after my court date will i do any jail time for my first dui

after my court date will i do any jail time for my first dui offense in colorado?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

No, on a first offense jail time it is rare if ever any jail time is actually served. The judge can give a jail sentence which will be "suspended" and as long as you do not violate your probation, you would not serve any actual jail time.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i spoke with someone else earlier about me not complying and taking a breath test so they took my license (wisconsin) the attorney earlier advised me to simply print a replacement license to get back to my home state. is this legal?

Thank you for your response.

Only the state that issued your license can suspend it. The paperwork you were given for the DUI is a temporary license and technically because you had an out of state license they should not have taken the license itself. You were told correctly though.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

on my court date will it help me at all to bring up that they wrongfully took my out of state license?

No, it will not as that has nothing to do with the charges against you I am afraid.