Nate, Attorney
Experience:  Eight years of fighting traffic infractions.
11217539

i purchased a used van from a dealer-the dealer gave us a 30

i purchased a used van from a dealer-the dealer gave us a 30 day 50/50 warranty
A few days before the warranty was up the check engine light came on-we had $800 worth of work done which we paid for-the mechanic told us the catalytic converter was also bad and needed to be replaced-$1000+-the dealer said they would fix it and split it with us-the day after we got it back check engine light comes on-had a third mechanic look at it and they said it was a catalytic converter problem-the dealer won't pay for a problem they seem to have not fixed-what is my recourse here?
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

Your recourse at this point is to enforce the warranty. That means you have to take the dealer to small claims court. Considering that the initial repair should have fixed the catalytic converter, you would be entitled to sue for the entire amount of the third repair.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how does one get that process started

The complete process is laid out here by the state courts

http://www.courts.state.md.us/district/forms/civil/dccv001br.pdf